Tampa Bay is off to a terrible start. After Monday afternoon’s loss in Boston the Rays are sitting in the bottom of the AL East at 4-8.
My biggest concern with the Rays is here front and center: they just can’t hit!
- Evan Longoria and Ben Zobrist are doing pretty well at the plate, but they are getting no help. Batters 5 through 9 in the order, plus #2 (that’s two thirds of the lineup!) are hitting a paltry .169.
- As a team they have hit just four home runs in twelve games. Before Longoria’s homer in Monday’s game they had gone over six games without bopping one out.
- Rays are just 1 for their last 28 with runners in scoring position.
"When they got rolling, we had to try to stop them," said Orlando's Kyle O'Quinn. "But they got rolling too quick."James paced Miami (56-14) with 24 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds, while Mario Chalmers had 17 points, Chris Bosh recorded 12 points and nine rebounds, Ray Allen tallied 12 points and Rashard Lewis finished with 11 points. The Magic (18-53) received a game-high 27 points from Jameer Nelson, who also dished out 12 assists, while Tobias Harris scored 20 points, E'Twaun Moore registered 13 points, nine rebounds and seven assists and O'Quinn notched 12 points and six boards. The Heat outshot Orlando 37 of 78 (47.4%) to 37 of...
- Lightly coat Scallops with Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- Heat oil and garlic in a skillet over high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
- Sear each side until it is golden brown (about a minute per side)
- Add 1/2 cup of wine, butter, and juice of the lemon and lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Remove the scallops from the pan.
- Add remaining wine...