Milwaukee Brewers Featured articles
The Phils win their fifth straight game, as they score early and often, as they defeat the Brewers, 5-1.June 7, 2013
30. Marlins. If April wasn’t bad enough, the Marlins scored just 79 runs in 28 games in the month of May, running their season total to 152 runs in 55 games. They rank last in runs, doubles, homers, average, on-base percentage, slugging, and hit into the third most double plays. When your team leader in batting average is at .228, that explains a lot. Their pitching yields the highest opponents’ on-base percentage in the NL. Miami is actually 6-3 against the Mets, but 10-39 versus everyone else. On the bright side, slugger Giancarlo Stanton...
- On-base percentage (hits plus walks plus hit-by-pitches)
- Extra-bases (homers, doubles, triples, stolen bases)
- Runs produced (runs scored plus runs batted in minus home runs)
- entire starting outfield has been on the DL
- All-Star/Silver Slugger second baseman played just ten games
- All-Star catcher is hitting .180 (while playing more than all but one other MLB backstop)
- Closer pitched poorly then went on the DL
- Bullpen has most blown saves in MLB
- Ace went seven starts between earning wins
- Number two pitcher earned just one win in a stretch of seven starts
- Number three pitcher has sub-.500 record
- Number four pitcher recently earned his first win (ninth start of the season)
- In the offseason they traded away the player that now leads the majors in home runs
It was a week for pitching gems. There may not have been a no-hitter or perfect game but a whole slew of guys came pretty darn close.
- Cardinals rookie Shelby Miller allowed a leadoff single on Friday, then retired the next 27 batters.
- The next day, his teammate Adam Wainwright pitched another complete game shutout, allowing just two hits
- Also on Friday, Red Sox Jon Lester pitched a one-hit shutout over the Blue Jays.
- Mets Matt Harvey pitched a one-hit shutout on Monday with 12 strikeouts and no walks and didn't even get a win for it (Mets won 1-0 in ten innings, Harvey pitched nine).
- Read more